This is a recipe from 365 days of slow cooking
Makes 6 servings
12 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed and trimmed
1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules or 1 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (if you like it spicy, add more)
2 Tbsp cornstarch
Toppings: red bell pepper, grated zucchini, peanuts, coconut flakes, cilantro
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
2. In small bowl combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, bouillon, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder and ground red pepper. Whisk until smooth. Pour over the top of the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
4. Remove lid. Combine 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Pour into the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes without the lid, until sauce thickens.
5. Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Top with desired toppings.
You Probably have most everything on hand right now!! LUCKY YOU!! As far as toppings I would add pineapple, chow mien noodles, cheese and olives to that list. The toppings are so flexible in this recipe you could really go crazy! We also used Wowbutter in place of the peanut butter due to LM's food allergy. It works out pretty good as a substitution in most recipes.
Don't forget to check out the March Madness contest going on at 365 Days of Slow cooking! She is giving out a copy of her cookbook to the winners of this and it could be you!!