Wednesday, February 29, 2012

And now for something completely different!

Well Kinda.... If you know me, you know I love to cook, and cook with my crock pot. So when 365 Days of Slow cooking announced that they were doing a March Madness of Slow Cooker thing. I volunteered and was chosen! I was given 2 chicken dinners that I had never made before to try. It was fun, exciting, and a little scary at the same time.

My First dish I made was a Creamy Coconut Chicken. We all loved this soooo much, and I am going to add it to our regular dinner rotation. It is pretty much Curry Haystacks. You know like Hawaiian Haystacks but with some Thai flavors. I LOVE THIS. I love that I can put all kinds of toppings on it like coconut, pineapple, cilantro, olives and etc. The list is really endless. We also used Wowbutter instead of Peanut butter because of LMs allergies. I love that stuff it is made out of soybeans and is an excellent substitute.



The Second Dish we tried was Lemon Artichoke Chicken. It was pretty good, but not as tasty as the Thai haystacks. Nothing could really compare and it isn't fair to other dishes to even try to compete. And our dinner did not look like the picture she had on her blog.



I had a good time doing this and can't wait to see the results! So keep an eye out on 365 Days of Slow cooking in March to see what dish wins!

1 comment:

  1. Well, are you going to share the creamy coconut chicken recipe??? :) Love Thai, love crockpot, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete