Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The one with the Gallbladder.

I have been watching A LOT of Friends lately... you know the TV. Every episode is titled The one with (whatever). I felt this was fitting because this time we will talk about my stupid gallbladder and the trouble it got me into. Did you even know what your gallbladder does?? Where it is?? If yours has given you trouble you will not need to Google it. Other wise we will pause for a moment so you can go and check it out.



One night just before before Christmas 2010 I ate a awesome homemade BLT. It was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. OH it was tasty, so I had 2. About an hour or so later I got this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE pain in my abdomen, that just wouldn't go away. I was in pain for about 4 hrs before I decided to my husband take me to the ER. I did not want anything to happen to my baby!! The ER wasn't to busy and if you are hysterical enough and pregnant they will take you right back. That is just a tip for the next time you have to go to the ER. We wait and wait get an ultrasound and told that HEY guess what you have gall stones and there isn't much we can do about it because surgeons don't like to operate on pregnant ladies unless they have too. =( I am pumped with Morphine and sent on my way.

I would like to add that this night maybe be known to others as the night that the Provo Tabernacle burnt down..... The thought has swirled in my my mind that Micah and I are probably some of the last people to see it before it burnt down. I feel a touch guilty about this.


The next few months are HORRIBLE. I have to be on a stupid low fat high fiber diet so that I don't upset my gallbladder. Upsetting it may cause me to pass a gall stone which could lodge in my liver and then I would need a new liver. =( I weight the pros and cons of this and decide I like my liver and am very good on my diet. So good that I don't gain to much weight, which is upsetting to my doctor. I tell her hey what can i do !?!? and she said she doesn't know. From Dec. to April the pregnant lady who LOVES to eat can not. It is very sad and scary for those around me.

There are a few things I would like to point out. Most doctors I have talked to don't believe my gallbladder had anything to do with Gavin coming early. Well I would like to add it is stressful worrying about food all the time and my liver failing. I did ended up having my gall bladder removed while Gavin was in the NICU. I bet that doesn't happen to often. I don't think it does because I had my surgery in the same hospital that Gavin was in and it freaked the day surgery people out every time I talked about it. And I did have a picture of my gallstones but I am pretty sure my husband threw it away after I carried it around for months and months.

1 comment:

  1. I remembered being worried about you that week. You have no idea what strength you carry.

    ReplyDelete